Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Tamz's Food for thought # 2

Over time, you will notice that there will be a trend of me ranting about relationships and friendships. We live in a world with other people and have to breathe each other's air.  In my opinion, most people suck and I say this without any anger or venom.  Cats are always cool!  This is a harsh reality someone like me has to accept every day!!!

1. Nice doesn't mean stupid.  There, I said it. I am over some of the people I have been subjected to in recent years who think it's really cute to be nasty, rude and dismissive towards people who are nothing but nice to them.  I think some people assume that if one is nice, polite and appears to be happy, that they are dumb.  Also, that it's okay to treat that person shitty and like they are not a person.  Who is anyone to think that they have the right to be rude to someone who is always nice to them? What type of sick pleasure are they getting? As a person who grew up sarcastic, somber, serious and grumpy, I was one of these people. Suddenly I woke up one day and decided that I didn't want to be a miserable person.  I hit the gym, went record shopping and decided that I was taking responsibility for all of my actions and apologized to as many people that still allowed me to be in their life. Translation, I told everyone I was sorry for being a CU next Tuesday and a female dog. According to some, I am still a female dog and that's their opinion.  :)

2.  I am very sorry to all of the gals in high school that I may have been closed off to and/or even rude to.  Some gals were bitches and extremely judgmental, but many of you were/are not.  The truth was, my family life was hell and I didn't have the cash to hang out.  I won't go into the gory details. It's not that I didn't want to.  One of my best friends even said, "Don't you have any money?" No, I really didn't.  I was so broke growing up, kids even teased me about my mom's car.  (At least she was picking me up while their asses were stuck in day care. hahaha! ) I was a vegetarian before it was cool and it was not by choice. And I was freakin weird and not hip at all.  In fact,  I am still not very cool, but now I embrace my freak flag.  I was the most broke in the class of 1993 and life was rough from birth till about 19. This is not a cry for help or to get people to feel sorry for me.   It's all good, because it's pruned me to be the best I can be and remain resilient.  I am still in touch with my closest friends from high school and even if we go through periods where we don't chat, we always pick up where we left off.

3. GMOs suck.  I am tired of scrubbing my fruits and vegetables. Dayum, is everything treated with pesticides and poison? At some point, I am going to have to buy some land and have a tiny farm.  Veggies used to be safe. Now, they are potential missiles of mass destruction!

4.Ahh...social networking.  Friends keep asking me to join Instagram and it's not happening.  There are too many unflattering pictures of me on Facebook feeds and in albums of former flames and friends. Plus, I take horrible selfies that are comic worthy.   Nope, nope nope!  I just deleted a bunch of people and posts on Facebook when I realized that I have met some obnoxious folks at conventions and even industry events.  These are people that will friend me because I am friends with someone who runs a convention, is a model or actor, musician or someone they want to get to through me.  That person is a personal friend or acquaintance I do normal things with.  Like work out, shop, go to dinner and stuff that doesn't involve any self-promotion.  Self-promotion is fine and necessary for some, but there is no need to be a hanger-on.  We all have our own mojo if we tap into it and everyone has a tribe! There is no need to use someone else to try to join a "coveted tribe". In life, the best connections are the organic connections. Some people will just gel! I have met some people that I knew I would get along with! Others, pursued me because maybe they thought I had something to offer and could be used.  I recognized this because there were various passive-aggressive red flags or they were close with folks that were open with their strong dislike for me. Early on, I knew life was not a popularity contest and that some people were not going to like you. So, I have practiced the fight or flight response.  Most of the time it's easier to catch that flight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment